About me: My name is Jiankang Wang (maybe you can call me Jack Wang if you cannot pronounce ‘Jiankang’). My research interest is computational genomics, aka Bioinformatics. My research topic is "Investigating transcriptional regulation and chromosome structure by large-scale multi-omics analysis.". I love building new things by coding.
I shifted to ‘dry’ experiment from 2018. I receieve Ph.D degree in Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo. I would like to leaverage my medical background and informatic skills to do interdisciplinary projects. I conduct my research in Nakato-lab of Institute of Quantitative Biology (IQB) and my research area is computational genomics, i.e. multi-omics based on NGS technology:
I did ‘wet’ experiment when I was a Master student. (1) Design, synthesis, screening and mechanism study of new potent anticancer agent with ability to disturb cancer metabolism. (2) Investigating the synergistic combination effect of two different kinds of histone modifications, both in vitro and in vivo
Publication and Conference
- Wang J, Nakato R. Comprehensive multiomics analyses reveal pervasive involvement of aberrant cohesin binding in transcriptional and chromosomal disorder of cancer cells. iScience, vol 26, issue 6, 2023.
- Wang J, Nakato R. CohesinDB: a comprehensive database for decoding cohesin-related epigenomes, 3D genomes and transcriptomes in human cells. Nucleic Acids Research, gkac795, 2022
- Nakato R, Sakata T, Wang J, et.al. Context-dependent 3D genome regulation by cohesin and related factors. bioRxiv, preprint, 2022.
- Wang J, Bando M, Shirahige K, Nakato R. Large-scale multi-omics analysis suggests specific roles for intragenic cohesin in transcriptional regulation. Nature Communications, 2022, 13(1): 1-13., 2022.
- Wang J, Nakato R. HiC1Dmetrics: framework to extract various one-dimensional features from chromosome structure data. Briefings in Bioinformatics, bbab509, 2021.
- Wang J * (Co-first author), Wen S*, et.al.Novel combination of histone methylation modulators with synergistic therapeutic activity against acute myeloid leukemia in vitro and in vivo. Cancer Letters, 2017, 413:35-45. * These authors contribute equal. Wen S is my supervisor of Master course, I did all experiment, analysis and wrote the paper.
- Wang J, Luo B, Li X, et.al. Inhibition of cancer growth in vitro and in vivo by a novel ROS-modulating agent with ability to eliminate stem-like cancer cells. Cell Death & Disease, 2017 Jun 22;8(6):e2887.
- Luo B*, Wang J*, et.al. New Mild and Simple Approach to Isothiocyanates: A Class of Potent Anticancer Agents. Molecules, 2017 Jun 1;22(6). pii: E773. * These authors contribute equal.
- Wang J, et al, Computational solutions for integrated analysis of multi-omics next-generation sequencing data. MBSJ 2022, Chiba, Japan, December, 2022
- Wang J, et al, Multi-omics data-driven analysis reveals specific roles of cohesin in human diseases. IIBMP 2022, Osaka, Japan, September, 2022
- Wang J, et al, Pervasive role of cohesin binding in the dysregulation of cancer gene expression. 東京大学生命科学シンポジウム, Tokyo, Japan, June, 2022
- Wang J, et al, Aberrant cohesin binding is pervasively implicated in the dysregulation of chromosome structure and gene expression in cancer. The 74th Annual meeting of Japan Society for Cell Biology, Funabori, Japan, June, 2022
- Wang J, et al, A comprehensive multi-omics analysis reveals a pervasive role of cohesin binding sites in the dysregulation of cancer gene expression. The 15th Annual Meeting of Japanese society for Epigenetics, Kyushu, Japan, June, 2022
- Wang J, et al, HiC1Dmetrics: framework to extract various one-dimensional features from chromosome structure data. 39th Chromosome Workshop, Online, Japan, Dec, 2021
- Wang J, et al, Pan-cancer analysis suggest conserved and changed cohesin bindings with oncogenic functions. MBSJ2021, Yokohama, Japan, Dec, 2021
- Wang J, et al, HiC1Dmetrics: Using 1D metrics to describe different structure from Hi-C data. Riken BDR, Online, Japan, Mar, 2021
- Wang J, et al, HiC1Dmetrics: identifying directional topologically associating domains with unique transcriptional activity, MBSJ2020, Nagoya (online), Japan, Dec 2020
- Wang J, et al, A novel function of cohesin on intragenic regions for tissue-specific gene transcription,細胞ダイバース 第3回若手ワークショップ, Atami, Japan, Feb, 2020
- Wang J, et al (Winner of Keystone Scholarship), Large-scale epigenomics analysis suggests an important role of intragenic cohesin in tissue-specific transcription. Keystone Symposia "Chromatin Architecture and Chromosome Organization (X5), Whistler, BC Canada, Mar, 2020.
- Wang J, et al, Integrated analysis of large-scale epigenomics to classify cohesin functions in breast cancer cells,The 42nd Annual Meeting of the Molecular Biology Society of Japan, Fukuoka, Japan, Dec, 2019.
- The Molecular Biology Society of Japan. 日本分子生物学会
- Japanese Society for Bioinformatics. 日本バイオインフォマティクス学会
- Japan Society for Cell Biology. 日本細胞生物学会
- Japan Society for Epigenetics. 日本エピジェネティクス研究会
Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship